Simple Steps For Accurate Measurement
1. Sit and rest for about 5 min before taking your blood pressure
2. Place cuff on your left upper arm just above your elbow. Ensure that the cuff strap is at your heart level and air tube is on the inside of your arm, aligned to your middle finger.
3. Press "ON" to operate the blood pressure machine.
4. Do not talk or move around while taking any readings.
1. Always take measurement at the same time of the day.
2. Avoid exercising, bathing, eating, smoking, and drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages for 30 minutes prior. Ideally, rest 15 minutes before you begin.
3. Your readings will be automatically stored in your blood pressure monitor so you can share them with your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will the cuff fit my large arm?
Our large cuff is able to fit upper arm size 9" - 17". Measure your upper arm with a cloth tape to ensure the best fit. XL cuff for upper arm size 9"-21" is available and sold separately, search for DrKea BP Cuff on Amazon.
2. How will I know if my readings are in or out of range?
There is a blood pressure level indicator on the left side of the screen. Refer to page 15 in the instruction manual for WHO Standard Blood Pressure Values.
3. Why does my blood pressure fluctuate?
It's normal for your blood pressure to vary from day to day, within 20mmHg up or down. It’s also common for it to be higher or lower at the doctor’s office. Be sure to discuss your results with your doctor.