Pregnancy is not for the faint of heart! After all, it’s tough work to sacrifice your body for nine months, as your belly grows and stretches to accommodate the new life growing inside you! Through all the aches and pains, sleepless nights and nerve wracking appointments, enduring the physical and emotional toll pregnancy takes on you - here at KeaBabies, we commend you for such a wonderful undertaking!
For those nine months of growing new life, and sharing your body with another human, it’s time for some postpartum self-care! The KeaBabies Postpartum Belt, available in two sizes, is the perfect way to pamper yourself in those postpartum recovery months!
When should you begin wearing the KeaBabies Postpartum Belt?
- The first week after birth.
The Stomach Belt can be used to support and align your abdomen to return to pre-pregnancy state. This belt helps reduce swelling and prevent sagging. If you’ve had a vaginal birth, you can start wearing the belt as soon as 2-3 hours following delivery. If you’ve had a C-section, it is best to wait until your doctor clears you to wear the belt. You must wait until your stitches have fully healed, and always make sure to consult your doctor before wearing anything around your belly.
- 1-6 weeks postpartum.
For the first 6 weeks postpartum, you can use both the Stomach Belt and the Waist Belt. Using these belts together can provide lumbar support and relieve back pain. The belts can help to close your abdominal muscles which can help in reversing diastasis recti. If you feel discomfort due to friction against your skin, wear an undershirt or tank top underneath the belts. The belts should be secure around your body, but not so tight that you have difficulty breathing or eating.
- 7-12 weeks postpartum.
For the next several months postpartum, add a third belt, the Pelvis Belt. The Pelvis Belt should go over the Stomach Belt and Waist Belt. This third belt helps stabilize your loosened pelvic joint that had been enlarged for labor. It helps return your hips to their pre-pregnancy state in less time! Using all three belts during the first 8-12 weeks postpartum can set your body up for successful healing!
All new mamas are eager to “bounce back” after pregnancy, but it is important not to rush the process or try unsafe means to get back to your pre-pregnancy shape. It is vital for new mothers to take care of themselves by practicing good self-care. A postpartum belt like the KeaBabies Postpartum Belt can assist mothers in their postpartum healing journey without complication. The postpartum belt provides belly support, reduces saggy skin, corrects your posture, protects your spine, and helps compress the uterus while it contracts to normal size.
How else can new moms practice self-care?
- Take a warm bath. Diffuse essential oils or a use bath bomb for added relaxation.
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you are breastfeeding. Buy yourself a special new water bottle to encourage good hydration!
- Get enough sleep. Enlist the help of a spouse, family member, neighbor, or babysitter so you can take a nap when you need one. No matter what housework needs to get done, try to sleep when the baby sleeps.
- Move your body! Exercising can do wonders for your mood. If you’re still recovering from labor and delivery, do some gentle stretches or march in place for a few minutes. If you’re feeling up to it, go for a walk outside or escape to the gym for a workout.
- Find new friends. Join a local play group, find a community online, or join a local hospital support group. Making new mom friends can help you solidify your “village,” and we here at KeaBabies know you’ll need one!
We would also encourage you to join our online community, KeaBabies Love, on Facebook! On our page, you can join a wonderful community of thousands of parents all over the country who come together to laugh, ask questions, and support one another through this crazy journey called parenthood!
Parenting is awesome. Sleep is overrated. Everyday is an adventure.